Monday, May 31, 2010

Fill this day with JOY

Two months ago I won a prize pack from Papertrey Ink.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhoooooooooo!!!
I just got my stamps the other week and I had a bunch of
cards to make, so I broke out the new sets.
I am so in love.
*Sigh*
This card was totally inspired by this lovely one
(which just happens to be sitting on my windowsill,
am I allowed to brag? {grin} ). Looking at my picture
now, I wish I had rounded the corners, but the cards
already in the mail, so it's a little too late! Speaking
of rounded corners, what tool do you use for corner rounding?
I have the SU! corner rounder punch and, I must say, while
I'm really happy with almost all of my SU! products, this is
one that is just not my favorite. Maybe I'm not using it
right, but often it won't punch totally straight or give
a nice, clean edge. I use it a lot, so a different corner
rounder is definitely on my wish list. Any suggestions?

Anyways, back to the card...
First I stamped the background using my very
first Hero Arts stamp...a thoughtful and generous
gift from this awesome girl ... and then used pale plum and
old paper ink to distress the edges of the base.
I stamped the violet image on pale plum cardstock
using elegant eggplant ink and then embossed with
clear embossing powder. I cut it out and used my
blender pen to add a bit of shading, then curled up the
edges to give it some dimension. Lastly I added some
purple rhinestones to the center and popped it up with
some foam glue dots. Next I stamped the leaves with
old paper distress ink on mellow moss cardstock and cut
them out. I crumpled them all up and then smoothed
them out again, distressed the edges, and then tucked them
right in underneath the flower. Finished it off by tying on
a bit of linen thread and adding a sweet little button.
Stamped that lovely sentiment and that's it!

Thanks for visiting and hope you're staying cool!
Our house doesn't have air-conditioning, so in the heat
of the day we've been hanging out in the basement, which
is where our guestroom/my craft room just happens to
be. If this heat keeps up, you just may be seeing more
cards that usual popping up around here. Sound just
about right to me! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a lovely card. You are getting more and more accomplished in your card-making everyday. I didn't realize those 'flower of the year' stamps were so big! That's awesome! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Angela! Love the crickled leaves! Lucky you winning a PTI prize! Looks like you're having fun with it! :) Thanks for the shout out too. :)

    ReplyDelete