Friday, May 7, 2010

For Mom's scrapbook - Part 1

I made my mom a scrapbook for her 50th birthday and
have been adding to it for birthdays, Christmas, Mother's
Day, etc. ever since. Right now it's the only scrapbooking
I do and every time I think, 'I should do more of this!'
But, alas, there always seems to be other things (namely
our four little crazies) that demand my attention, so it's
not something that I've done a lot of, other than for my mom.
Maybe when I turn 50 I'll start my very own scrapbooks - Ha!
Oh yes, sorry for the bad pictures. I should've taken the pages
out of the glossy holders, eh? Note to self: Glossy page holders
do not make for good pictures! Anywho...

I love this picture of my mom with the two boys - they just
love her so much! And she has so much love for them.
The quote says, "Oma always made you feel she had been
waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete."
It originally started with "Grandma", so I trimmed that out and
replaced it with stickers to say "Oma". I kept the page pretty
simple, because I wanted the picture to be the main focus, and
I added the heart to tie it together with the opposite page.


My dad's name is John William (Johan Willem) and our
littlest guy is Jude Willem. Mom always refers to them as
her 'two favorite J.W.'s', and as soon as I saw this picture I
knew that would be the theme of the page. Although what's in
your head doesn't always play out on paper... This page
is actually a whole bunch of mistakes which I valiantly tried
to work with since I had already glued my only copy of the
picture down! The white journalling tag is covering up a big
splotch where I dropped a big blob of glue, and some very
bad handwriting. Also, after attaching the ghost hearts with
clear glue dots (which were totally visible and silly looking)
I started adding more and more hearts to cover things up.
Well, considering it's not at all what I had planned, it turned
out alright and I do like the flow of the two pages together.

Gracie Jo made some pages too! So cute - I'll try and post them later.
Hope you don't mind my little foray into the world of scrapbooking!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment