Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fan Mail

I needed a card for a young teenage boy from our church...
Aaack!! I don't think I've ever made a card for a teenage boy
before! Where to start?? Well, I knew which stamp I wanted
to use. I love the 'Puns from the Past' stamp set from SU!. It's
not one that I use all the time, as the stamps are pretty
occasion specific, but whenever I do pull them out I get a
serious case of 'Rubbah Love' :) The vintage sketches and
witty sentiments are just my style! Needless to say,
I love this card!!

I used the design from the SU! catalogue for this stamp
set as my starting point and then started switching
up colours to make it 'teenager worthy'. I was really
excited with the finished card - love that little banner!
I remember being encouraged at church when I was a
teenager, it meant so much to me at a time when you're
trying to figure out who you are and what your gifts are.
Hopefully this card will do the same for our church's young
drummer. This card makes me excited to do some more
creating for the young people at church, something I've
been kind of hesitant about in the past.

And, while I'm on the topic of encouragement...
If I could, I would send this card out to all of y'all :)
I so appreciate the time you take to come and visit
'The Scrapyard' and the comments you leave.
I am so inspired by all of you, and so it means so
much to me when you leave a note for little 'ole me!
Thanks for all of your encouragement.
I'm your biggest FAN :)
xo

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that set! And your card is awesome! I'm sure he was very surprised and appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans. Very teen-esque. I'm sure he was very pleased to receive the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete