Monday, May 24, 2010

On a Roll with the May HCCC

Another great month, another great challenge - thanks Marnie!
This card needed to use the colours grey, yellow and white
and some paper pieRcing :)
I didn't own any grey paper or ink and thought this would be a
perfect opportunity to add to my supplies, BUT a challenge is
a challenge and so (with a little bit of help) I managed to
make up this card without purchasing anything!
For the 'grey ink' I simply used my black ink and then
stamped off once on a scrap piece of paper before stamping onto
the card. Voila - grey ink! Love it! The grey paper came courtesy
of sa-weet friend, and I punched out some circles
and then stamped and distressed them with my 'stamped off'
black ink. I freehand pierced around the image - I wish I
had a template...I'm a bit of a perfectionist. So, that's not my
favorite part of the card. I ended up drawing a grey 'thread'
with a pencil to make it look like faux stitching.
Anywho, I did have fun with this month's challenge
and I'm excited to get this card in the mail for a friend
I haven't seen in awhile. Love that sentiment!

Roll on, Duke Divas, roll on!

Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, Barely Banana (SU!), Grey (Marn's stash)
Ink: Barely Banana (SU!), Black (Stazon), Old Paper (Tim Holtz Distress)
Stamps: the swirly woosh behind the roller skates (Bronc Buster - SU!),
diamond pattern, polka dots, roller skates, sentiment (Unity)
Other: Spiral punch, 1" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle (SU!), yellow rhinestones (Marn's stash), blender pen

3 comments:

  1. Love THOSE roller skates! They ROCK! And the card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally smurf-tastic card, Angela! It looks like you really sewed around the image - neat trick with the pencil. Well done! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete