Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mother's Day cards

Mother's Day has come and gone, but I thought
I would share the cards I made for our moms.

Peter's mom loves to quilt and I wanted to try
a paper-pieced version of a quilt square:
I really like how it turned out!

The card, however, was a bit of a flop.
I think the handwritten sentiment just made the
whole card look kind of kitschy. I don't think I'll
do that again anytime soon. But, Mom liked it,
so I guess that's what matters :)

For my mom, I picked a patterned paper that
I thought she would like and a stamp that fit her
perfectly and just went from there:
I recently got the butterfly die from Stampin' Up
and couldn't wait to try it out. And let me just say,
I love it!!! I think we'll be seeing a lot of little butterflies
fluttering around my cards in the next while .

I love how they just pop off the page and add
so much dimension. I popped the whole patterned
paper window up off the card front and stamped the
vine image behind the panel. I popped the sentiment
circle up as well and added the little rhinestone to the
center of the flower. A very bling-y, pop-y one-of-a-kind
card. Perfect for my mama!


2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! I was going to ask you where you got the butterflies...I love them! :D And I think the quilt card looks great!! The stitching is AWESOME! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the quilt card is a-freakin'-mazing. The hand-written sentiment is pretty. You are your own worst critic. All so pretty. You have been busy lately. Stay crafty!

    ReplyDelete