Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another housewarming...

Friends of ours just moved into a new home, after
spending a couple months renovating it first. It was an older
farmhouse and it truly was a labour of love getting it ready and
liveable for their family. They spent a lot of time and hard work on it,
and it looks fantastic now! They also just celebrated their 5th
anniversary, and I knew right away what I wanted to make for them,
to commemorate their new home and 5 years of marriage.

Another framed layout, this one a bit more substantial
at 12x12. They used a lot of different purple tones in their
downstairs, so I went with that thinking they could then
hang it in whatever room they want. I used a recent family
picture but adhered it with temporary adhesive, so they
can switch up the photo as their family grows.

After making some cute hairclips for my daughter, I had
two of these prima flowers leftover which I used, but the layout
seemed kind of unbalanced with all the pairs of things, so I
made a third flower out of some old sheet music and inked
up the edges to shabby it up a bit. Another piece of sheet music
(which just 'happened' to have lyrics about being part of
God's family - love that!) to anchor the photo, a slip
of crocheted lace to balance it all out, add a few little
pearls for detail and that was that! Except for the fact
that this wasn't a picture of my family, I had a hard time
giving this one away! I think I may just have to
'gift' one of these to myself. LOL!
I'm loving being able to make personal gifts for
friends that are meaningful and AFFORDABLE.
I picked up these frames for $3 each and all the
supplies were just from my 'stash'. I'm sure they didn't
even total $1. Now, if only I could think of something
homemade for all the birthday parties the kids are
invited too...ideas, anyone??
Thanks for stopping by and hope you're
having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment