Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sending a little HAPPY!

I don't know too many people more amazing than an
old girlfriend of mine, Cara. She just finished her third round
of chemotherapy, still works full-time and is raising two
teenage girls on her own. I have no idea how she does it.
This month's Hazzard County Card Challenge was the perfect
excuse to send her a little lovin' in the mail and here's the
card I created for Cara:


The colour scheme was inspired by the super cute bobby
pins on the left, from the etsy shop 'howbeadyful'. This is my
first time playing along with the the Etsy Inspired Challenge.
You should check it out - awesome inspiration combining
two of my very favorite things, Etsy and card-making!
And don't you just love those sweet bobby pins...
don't be surprised if they disappear from the shop, I've been
dreaming of them all week. I'm pretty sure my hair needs them :)




The layout was from this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Blog.
Wowzaa - it was a doozy! I'm not used to so many layers on
my cards, so it was a stretch for me to figure this all out.
I'm pretty sure this card will need extra postage, it's so heavy!
I love the teal velvet scalloped ribbon, and it worked out
perfectly as teal is the colour for ovarian cancer awareness.
Love it when stuff works out like that! And those two bitty
clothespins are just way too cute. I've been hoarding them
forever, but knew this was the perfect card to use them on.

Lastly, to work with the HCCC, the card needed to
be different than a standard A2. I decided to make an easel
card, so Cara can prop this up in her windowsill and get
a 'little happy' every time she sees it. Don't you love that sentiment?
Well, that was a long schpiel, wasn't it? Sorry about that!
Thanks for much for stopping by, hope you're having a great week!

Supplies:
Paper:
Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Ink: Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Stamps: 'Sending you a little happy, Umbrella' (Unity)
' Fill this day with JOY' (Papertrey Ink)
' Canvas background' (SU!)
Other: mini clothespins (dollar store), velvet ribbon (Cosmo Cricket), Versamark and clear embossing powder, button (SU!)
!

3 comments:

  1. So nice! Love the colours!! And your friend will be VERY grateful for it I'm sure!!! :D And you did a great job with the sketch!! :D HUGS! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you were inspired by! Amazing card!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh too cute!!! Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete