Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hoo-ray, it's your Birthday!!

It was Dad's birthday on Friday, so another manly-man
card was in order:

To make the background paper, I rubbed distress ink right
onto my embossing plates (yes, it was scary) and then
ran them through my Cuttlebug with the script stamped paper.
Afterwards I flicked water onto the paper, although I think
next time I will try spraying the water directly onto the embossing
plates as well. Regardless, I really like the rustic/textured look I got.


For his gift we got him a gift certificate to
a local tree farm, so I created this 'envelope'
to give it to him in.

This is the tag inside the envelope and the
bands at the bottom are actually a little
pouch that held the gift certificate. I was
really happy with the way it turned out and
I think it's nice to add that personal touch instead
of just giving a plain, boring envelope...not that
Dad would've really cared either way. Hee!
But I had fun making it, so I just look at is as
a double bonus: birthday card and gift for Dad,
play time in the Scrapyard for me. Check! Check!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful card, Angela! Love how you created the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. Did you come up with that background idea on your own?, 'cause it's genious! You're so creative! Another job well done. Someday I'll be able to say I knew you when....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! :D Great job! I'm sure your dad loved it!! :D

    ReplyDelete