Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Well, Father's Day has been a little bit of a bust over here
at the Scrapyard. Our two-year old picked up a bug
and has been a lean, mean, puking, pooping machine
the past couple days. I had grand plans for celebrating all
the dads in my life, but instead have been doing lots of
laundry, cleaning up vomit and keeping our little guy
entertained and away from the carpets :)
Thankfully I had at least made all our Father's Day
cards ahead of time so they were ready for today.

Unfortunately, when my husband went to visit my parents
this morning I forgot to give him my dad's card...
Thankfully, since I took a picture of it to put up here
on the blog-o, I can still send my dad some virtual lovin'
today until he gets the real deal in the mail later this week!

Anyways, I tried to keep things pretty simple. I did use
some ribbon, but no bows for the men! And I added some
lines along the bottom with the scoring blade in my paper cutter.
I like the added detail without getting too frou-frouish.
(Is frou-frouish a word?) I stamped the word "BLESSED"
from a retired SU! set in versamark and heat embossed it
with white powder and then sponged over top in Old Paper
and Baja Breeze. The inside of the card says ''...to have a dad
like you." I don't always like adding my own handwriting
to cards, but sometimes you just need a sentiment that fits!
And I truly do feel blessed by my husband, dad, dad-in-law,
and our two grandfathers. We are definitely celebrating them
today...even if it's with a barf bowl on couch :)
Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Dad card. I'm diggin' the score lines at the bottom. Never would have thought of that. You are ingenius! Great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete