Saturday, June 5, 2010

A one-layer card!?

Kristina Werner had a challenge on her blog
a while back to do a one-layer card. So here I am,
one month later, taking her up on that challenge.
I know, I'm always late aren't I? Someday I will work on
this - LOL! Anyways, my hubby needed to
send some thank you cards and I figured it would
be weird for people to get a flowery, sparkly card
from him. My Duke Divas have been creating some
great manly cards lately (see here, here, and here),
and so, together with their inspiration and spurred on
by the challenge, I came up with this:


The thing I love about a card like this? I made
four of them in less than 20 minutes - love it!
Sometimes it's nice to get back to the basics
and just do some good ole' stamping...although I
couldn't help but emboss the sentiment, just for
a little something :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Paper
: Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (SU!), Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: True Friend (SU!), Messy Stitches (Autumn Leaves)
Other: Versamark, clear embossing powder

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I had to look again...I thought you stitched them on the sewing machine! Those are awesome! I LOVE them! I'm sorry but I will definitely be "lifting" this idea!! Great job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete