Friday, June 11, 2010

More PTI lovelies...

Eager to ink up some more of my PTI winnings,
I made this set of cards - a late Mother's Day
card for Grandma who was away on vacation last month,
and a thank you for a sweet stamping friend.
I don't own the Top Note Die from SU! (although I wish I did!),
but because I am Dutch, when we used it last year in
our Stampers 10 group, I saved everybody's negative image that
was left after cutting out the shape....I know, so very Dutch.
Anyways, I'm so glad I did because I love how it worked
on these cards! One woman's trash is truly another's treasure.

For the first card, I stamped HA's Old Letter Writing
in Versamark for the background and then the
flower image from PTI's Year of the Flower: Sweetpeas
in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I restamped the flowers
on some retired SU! designer paper and cut them out and
adhered them with pop dots.

For the second card, I stamped the flower in
Baja Breeze and used a blender pen to shade
in some of the image. I stamped the flowers on the
designer paper with Versamark and then embossed
them with white embossing powder and shaded
them in as well with my blender pen. I love how
little changes like that can really switch up the
look of the card. A few little pearls and some twine
to finish it up, and a sweet, shabby thank you is done.

I'm loving these PTI stamps, they're really
stretching my stamping style. Now, if only I
could win some more... Ha!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Angela! The one on the bottom is now sitting on my bookself!!! Whoo hoo! Thank you so much! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job with the PTI stamps! I just wish shipping wasn't so much! :D I'm sure your Grandma and friend were very grateful! :D They are beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete