Monday, January 31, 2011

May your cup overflow!

It was my sweet sister-in-law's birthday
so a cheery little card made it's way out West:

The image and sentiment from Unity (which reads
'May your cup overflow with Joy, Love & Laughter)
were perfect for my dear sister who loves a good
cup of tea and deserves a year just overflowing
with goodness! I totally copied the layout of one
of the cover cards from the latest Stamp It!
magazine (What an awesome issue, by the way!
And congratulations to this amazing gal whose
beautiful creation was published on page 61.
Wowee!!) I do wish I had die-cut the purple
layer to match the white, instead of leaving
it square with the wonky white stitching...
but once I had it all sewn down I wasn't
about to rip it all apart. Sometimes it's best
to just leave well enough alone!

I embossed that ca-ute tower of teacups with
clear embossing powder and then coloured
them in using dye ink and a blender pen.
Love how it turned out! I think I'll be
trying this technique out a bit more, I had a
lot of fun with it! I'd also like to mention how
much fun I had using my first set of
Nestabilities (a most awesome gift from an
incredibly thoughtful friend - THANK YOU!).
I think a serious addiction may have just begun...
;)

Thanks for stopping by to visit! The kids and I
are starting to get in the Valentines' Day groove,
so hopefully I'll have some delightfully LOVE-ly
things to share with you in the next little bit!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great design! Thanks for the shout out. Still coming off of cloud nine... might be on cloud 7 now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Sassy Molassey! Check out that die-cut. Incredible. And is that shading under the stack of teacups that I see? Great attention to detail. I love the colour combo. Your sister-in-law will be super happy to get this card, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suh-weet - lovely card Angela. It looks so shimmery - your colouring is great!

    ReplyDelete