Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Merry little Thank You

Late again.
Good thing I don't make New Year's resolutions
because I would be such a disappointment to myself. Hee!
Anyways, December's Hazzard County Card Challenge was
to make some little thank you cards and have them sent
out by the end of the year. Well, I'm a few days behind but
I did get it done and I'm looking forward to giving these
little cuties to their recipients at church this morning.


I've been seeing these medallion/rosettes everywhere
and I love them! Thought about getting the die for them,
but then I would also need the extended cutting plates
and, once again, since I'm Dutch, I went the cheap route
and made them myself. There are a tonne of tutorials
online and it's actually not hard or even time-consuming
to do them yourself. I guess if you were making a lot
of them, the die would be handy, but otherwise I'll stick
to making them on my own.

The card base is 4x4 kraft and I inked up the edges with
white craft and old paper distress ink.
The sentiment is from Verve, stamped in baja breeze on
whisper white and layered on a pink pirouette circle.
I finished it off by rounding two of the corners.
Easy-peasy! No lie, this card took no more than 15
minutes...and that included changing a diaper and finding
my four-year old's lost socks. Not too shabby!

These next two cards are 3x3's and I seriously
think they are the cutest, sweetest little things!
I am definitely going to be making more little cards
like this. Both of them took less than 10 minutes each
to make and I think because of their small size they look
really cute and not as 'simple' as they would if they were
done in a standard size.

For this one, I stamped the 'Thank U' from (SU!) in chocolate
chip and then added the stitching in the same ink and kiwi kiss.
Tied some baker's twine around with a sweet, little bow, rounded
the top corner and inked the edges with vintage photo. Done!

I think this last one is my favorite. I think it only took me
5 minutes. Heavily distressed the edges with old paper and
vintage photo, punched out the scalloped circle from a
Starbuck's coffee cozy that I've been saving since
Thanksgiving (hoarding always pays off! {grin}),
stamped the sentiment in riding hood red and layered
it on the same colour circle and tied a little twine
around the top. Wah-lah!!!

I will definitely be making some more of these as
I work through our list of thank-yous. I've also been
making some cards using My Digital Studio from
Stampin' Up! I took pictures of the kids playing
with their Christmas gifts and used the pictures
to make thank you cards. I'm so happy with
how they turned out, and how easy the program
has been to use. If I can figure out how to
post them on here, I will!

Anyways, hope this New Year is finding you thankful!
Looking forward to January's HCCC...I wonder what
Marnie has up her sleeve for us? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Such great little cards. and I love how different they all are. You are tres talented. Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete