Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bright paper packages tied up with string...


Just a couple quick pics of some of the holiday gifts we gave. I love 'prettying' things up a bit...and I think it makes things a little extra special for the gift-getters :)

For my sister-in-law, a cutely decorated coffee tin held a new T-shirt...I also love re-using stuff that's lying around the house instead of buying new. Some may say it's cheap. Personally, I prefer the term 'thrifty'. {grin}






For my brother's stuff I quickly sewed up
a little sack with some leftover fabric I had.
I thought it suited him. Plus, now he can
use it to carry his lunch to work in ;)


And, my very favorite of the bunch, the
'work-sock-full-of-holes-turned-gift-bag'.
Pete had these really nice woolen work socks
that he wore gigantic holes through the heels.
Since I'm not so much into the whole 'darning'
thing, but not wanting to waste anything, I
threw them into my scrap pile. When I needed
some cute little bags for the beer glasses
we gave as a thank you gift to a friend, I
knew just what to do! I quickly sewed up the
socks above the holes and cut the feet off.
Tied them up with a little bit of red ribbon
and a cool tag and there you have it. Sweet
packaging - and protective - straight
from the scrap pile. Love it!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this little
trip into my thrifty world :)
Take care!

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty! Great way to wrap those gifts. And you are doing your part to help thie earth by reusing your coffee cans, which I fully support. You'd never be able to tell it is a coffee can anyway - it looks so beautiful. I'd love to just get an empty decorated coffee can someday (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete