Saturday, January 15, 2011

For my little LoveBug





This stamp may be the very reason I joined Unity's Kit of the Month club....that and a certain someone who tends to strongly influence my card-making supply purchases. I'm pretty sure
she twisted my arm when it came to joining up {grin}. Anyways, one of the perks (at the time) was a kit called 'Love Bug' and it was based around a main image of a VW beetle. As soon as I saw that cute little car, I knew I needed that stamp to make a card for a friend of mine who a.) loves getting mail b.) loves all things handmade and c.) drives her very own lime green little Bug.
Well, I got the stamp and it sat in my collection...over her birthday, her anniversary, a new home...finally I couldn't take it any longer! Christmas was coming and I was determined to make a 'Love Bug' card for my friend. Now the problem was "How in the world do you make a Christmas card with a Volkswagon on the front?" Well, it took a little bit of pondering, but here's what I came up with:
I totally forgot to take a picture of the inside where I
stamped "Merry Christmas to my little LoveBug".
Love it!!!

I had a lot of fun adding all the little details like the
Crystal Effects in the windshield and the peppermint
patty 'exhaust' hearts. This little number just makes
me swoon! I was pretty intimidated about making a
'car' card at first, but this rubber will be seeing a lot
more 'road' in the future!
Toot! Toot!
;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you are talking about. I did not twist your arm. And I think you have it backwards.... you are the one that influences my card-making supply purchases :)

    Great card. I would never have thought of using a VW Bug for a Christmas card. You are always thinking outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME Ang!! LOVE the "Love Bug"!

    ReplyDelete