Friday, April 23, 2010

In another world...

My cousin and his wife are missionaries in Kenya,
and I'm embarrassed to say that, although they have
been there for close to two years, this is the first time
we have sent them anything. After reading their last
update, I was really touched by the way their entire
family is involved in and impacted by their ministry.
You see, they have two little girls close to the same
ages of our oldest children. So I spent some time with
our kids, looking at my cousin's family pictures and
talking about what life is like for them and the things
they are doing in Kenya. We decided to send a little
package to them, specifically with the girls in mind.

The kids each drew a picture with a short note:
So cute!!

And Gracie Jo and I made bookmarks for the girls:
I thought these would be something kind
of special and personal for them. I definitely
had shipping in mind when we created these,
but was actually surprised how relatively inexpensive
it was to send a package all the way to the other side
of the world! (Three letters, 2 bookmarks and a CD for only $8!)
I'm thinking next time we'll get a little more ambitious...
Do you have any ideas? What would you send that could
be mailed, and special for a 4 and 6 year old girl? I'd love to
hear your ideas! And speaking of ideas, this has definitely got
me pondering other ways I can use this craft I enjoy so much,
to bless others. I know there are a lot of different card drives
going on, but perhaps there's something a little more
personal and close to home.
Just something to think about...

Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!
Bookmark Details:
Hannah's
Stamps: Collage Alphabet (SU!)
Ink: Pirouette Pink, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
Other: Ribbon (SU!), flowers and brad (from my stash),
rounded corner and slot punch (SU!)
Beatrice's
Stamps: Collage Alphabet (SU!)
Ink: Pacific Point, Real Rose, Tangerine Tango
Other: Sunflower embellishment and ribbon (In A Scrap Creations)
rounded corner and slot punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment