Sunday, April 18, 2010

April HCCC

I fell in love with the kraft/pink/white combo
on my last baby card and since then we've welcomed
two more baby girls into friends' families.
Something in the water, maybe?
So, I kept the colours the same, for this card
but changed the elements for this month's HCCC.

At first I wasn't lovin' this card, but I think
it just wasn't what I had in my head when I
started out making it. Now, the more I look at
it, the more I like it. It seems to be growing on me!

This is the first time I've ever made a circle card.
I didn't take a picture but I just attached the kraft
circle to the front of a 3x3 notecard. Not sure if this
is how people normally do it, but it worked for me!

I received some flocking for Christmas, but
hadn't used it yet. I had really wanted it, but
wasn't quite sure how or when to use it. I thought
a baby card would be a good occasion to break it
out though - and I love how that sweet, fuzzy
little footprint turned out! The pink lace
trim was also something I had been hoarding
and admiring and I'm glad I finally put it
to good use. It looks much better on the card
than on my shelf! Note to self: using pretty things
is a lot more satisfying that just looking at them!

So glad for these challenges - they always push me
to do something new or different. Can't wait till next month!
Thanks for visiting :)


1 comment:

  1. Cute little flocking baby card. I like the colour combo as well. Good idea putting the 3x3 notecard on the back.

    ReplyDelete