Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mojo Monday Madness

After seeing this rockin' card on my friend's
blog, I couldn't help but check out the sketch
challenge at the Mojo Monday site.
Wowzaa! It was way snazzy and much
more elaborate than I'm used to, but
that's why they call them challenges, right?
This is my first time playing along, but after
seeing the sketch, I just couldn't say no!

So here's my take on the sketch. I'm actually
really happy with the way it turned out.
It's a lot different than anything I would have
thought of on my own.

I tried to stay as close to the sketch as
possible, as my natural tendency would
have been to make things simpler with
less layers and elements. And although
this card is definitely not my usual style,
I think I may be falling in love :)
Now, if only I can figure out how to
make a card like this in under 15 minutes...

Card Details:
Stamps: Organic Grace (SU!)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgandy, More Mustard, Mellow Moss (SU!), Walnut Stain (Tim Holtz' Distress), Versamark
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla (SU!), Sugared DP (Basic Grey), vintage book print
Other: Blender pen, Twill tape (natural-SU!, kraft-Cosmo Cricket), Oval cutter (Creative Memories), dimensionals, sewing machine

1 comment: