Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A cheery hello!

I had just mastered making little crochet flowers
and just wanted to stick them everywhere!
My purse, coat, sweater, our daughter's hair...
there's not too many places that couldn't use a
little bit of hooked loveliness - in my humble opinion :)

I had never put such a large embellishment on a
card before, but thought I'd give it a try, so
I made this card to share are cheerful hello with
a friend. I tried to keep the card fairly muted so the
flower could take 'centre stage'. I hope this layout
did the trick, without being too simple? I also stamped
the polka-dots in Versamark and then heat-embossed
with clear powder. I love the look of clear embossing
powder on Kraft cardstock! It really adds to your
background without adding a lot of layers or bulk to the card.
I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that these flowers will go
through the mail without having to add extra postage (can you
tell I'm Dutch!! LOL!) ...we'll see!

Card Details:
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, DP (all SU!)
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Vintage photo (Tim Holtz Distress)
Stamps: Best Blossoms (SU!), Savor the Journey: Jan KOM (Unity), Kelly Panacci clear stamps
Other: Scallop Edge Punch (SU!), clear embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. This is even better IRL! :D I loved it Ange! Thanks!! And I might be calling you to make me some flowers!!! :D xoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete