Friday, September 3, 2010

A boy card!

A good friend of ours recently moved into a new
apartment and I wanted to send him a little card of
welcome for his new place.
He's a huge fan of all things Dutch so I knew I wanted
to use some orange and, being he's a guy, try and keep
the design fairly simple. I probably overthink things a
bit, but I sure had a tough time with this card!
After playing around with it a bit, I'm pretty happy
with the way it turned out though.

I used the Tim Holtz bingo impression plate (another new
goodie from my Unity prize - Wahoo!!) for the orange
background and finally broke out the Good Neighbour set
that I received from SU!'s last sale-a-bration for those
cute little houses.

Lots of distressing and dimension on this one.

Knowing how much he appreciates visual design I was
a bit nervous to send this out but he sent me a quick
message the day he got it in the mail and...he loved it!
Phew! Creating cards for guys is always a challenge for
me, but it's nice to have to step outside of the box
sometimes. Hope you're enjoying these last days of
summer! Can you believe is September already? I can't
wait to start making some crafty fall things :)

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Ang! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the orange and brown colours and thanks for the tomatoes! Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a chipper, friendly type card. Anyone would be pleased to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. was DEFINITELY pleased to receive it. It still stands in a prominent spot on my shelf. :D

    ReplyDelete