Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Look to the Lord...

Talk about getting down to the wire!
3 more hours and then....SEPTEMBER!!
Can you believe it? Not me. I am in total denial.
Anyways, before this crazy heat wave, I was feeling the
beginnings of fall and that, along with the picture from the
August challenge, totally inspired these cards.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
I really love fall :)

Both cards are pretty similar, and totally copying the layout
and emboss resist technique I used on this card...
but I was pressed for time and figured I should
go with something that works! Switched up the colours to
go with the inspiration picture and instead of multiple colours
for the sponging I only used one. I wasn't sure how it would
turn out, but I *think* I like it.

This one is for my Mother-in-law. She was
just ordained as an elder at our church and is
feeling just a bit nervous :) I wanted to
remind her that this new role and season
in her life won't be done on her own.
I hope she can find a special place to put this
where she will remember that and be encouraged!
I added a bit of lace and some ribbon that I ruffled by
pulling on the outside threads, along the bottom, knowing
how much she enjoys those 'frilly' details.

This second card is the same, just using
a different flower stamp and simply wrapping
twine around the bottom and finishing it
off with a clear button and bow. The
recipient of this card is a bit more simple and
natural so I tried to keep it clean and crisp.
This friend is going through a season of big changes
and a lot of unknown and I thought this verse would
be very meaningful for them as well.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this month's challenge.
I think I may still make a little visual encouragement
for myself when I have a bit of time...I know I could
definitely use a beautiful reminder that I don't have
to do it all on my own each day. So thankful for His grace!

Can't wait to see what the rest of the Duke Divas have up
their sleeves - and our next challenge. Stay tuned for the details!
Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

  1. I 'think' this card is fantastic and that you are uber talented (I might nave mentioned that before).

    Great twist on a card that you've tried before. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete