Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Second Attempt

I just couldn't get beyond the beauty of the
card that I attempted to 'CASE' for July's HCCC
(see previous post) and so, after trying to figure out what
went wrong with the first one, I took a second stab at it.

Our friend's mother passed away this month and
while sympathy cards are never 'fun' to make, I
know from my own experience how meaningful it
it to have a handmade card sitting in the windowsill
reminding you that you are in someone's thoughts and
prayers. I hope this card will be that for our friends.

I wasn't a fan of the colours or the lace bow on my last
card, so for this one I kept things a bit more subtle.
After embossing the flower image (new rubber from my
A-MA-ZING Unity prize pack...seriously, out of this world!
I will try and take some pictures and share the goodness
with you soon. I'm still pinching myself! Unreal!),
I sponged Pale Plum, Baja Blue and Not Quite Navy on top.
I added a few butterflies from a sweet SU! embosslit and
tied some simple twine around the bottom to finish
it off. And the verdict is...I'm in love :)

I love the softness of this card and the
gentle way the butterflies seem to just be
fluttering among the flowers.
I hope it brings a bit of peacefulness
during these difficult times.


I love this saying from the SU! set 'Thoughts and Prayers'.
The inside looked a bit stark with just the sentiment though,
so I stamped another flower image (in Versamark)
from the 'Insightful Meadows' Unity set to add a
softer touch. I love the way it turned out!

How are you're August challenge creations
coming? I have lots of ideas 'fluttering' around
in my head...now, just to find the time and energy
to get them on paper! Happy stamping friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I thought your first attempt was awesome. But, this one is great as well! Love the soft colour palatte and the little flittering butterflies.

    ReplyDelete