Saturday, September 18, 2010

For Evelyn

Another baby card...but I'm not complaining!!
I really do love making card to celebrate the
new arrival of a sweet little someone. In this case,
the card is for baby Evelyn and I couldn't resist
putting her name right on the front!


I think this might be the first time I've ever
used stickers on a card. I know, crazy eh?
I had been given these Basic Grey stickers
from the Sugar Rush line and they've been
staring at me waiting for the perfect project.
Now that I've broken them out, I'm pretty
sure these sweet alphabet stickers are going
to find their way on a lot of things around here!

I stamped the heart background in Versamark,
and used another one of my prize pack Tim
Holtz goodies for the embossed ledger sheet.
I distressed the edges and then swiped some
Milled Lavender ink over the top after I had
trimmed the edge with my SU! Scalloped Edge
punch. Another first for me was using the 'Rock
and Roll' technique on those teeny little feet.
I can't believe I've never done this before!! I
love the way it turned out -all soft and almost
watercolour-y. Overall just a sweet little card
for a sweet little princess. Perfect!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, that embossed ledger sheet is amazing. And what the heck in the world is 'Rock and Roll' technique? Must Google.

    Great work Angela.

    ReplyDelete