Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweet, simple Love


Another wedding card - Yay!! I learned my lesson and kept things sweet and simple this time. Knowing the bride prefers things modern and funky over floofy and flowery made it a lot easier for me. I was tempted to add some more layers or twine and buttons but, in the end, decided to leave well enough alone. I ended up distressing the edges of the main panel to add a little somethin' and I was really happy with how it added a little extra without going over the top. And it's hard to see in the picture but I did stamp a sketched heart pattern on the kraft base with versamark shimmer ink which looked totally awesome in real life :) I've got a whole whack of birthdays coming up and I'm looking forward to making a bunch of cards for some awesome people! Now if my house would just start cleaning itself...

Paper, Ink and heart punch: SU!
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Unity (sentiment) sketched hearts (Verve)
Distress tool and ink: Tim Holtz
Other: Versamark Shimmer watermark ink


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Angela! I love the colours and the sweet simpleness of it. you nailed it! and I'm sure the bride and groom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!! I really hope the bride and groom liked it - the bride is a scrapbooker/cardmaker herself, so there was definitely extra pressure. Ha!!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet, simple card. Lovely. Good job, Angela. :)

    ReplyDelete