Friday, February 1, 2013

A little Somethin' Somethin'


I needed a quick card for a bridal shower. It needed to be good because the recipient is a fellow cardy but, as per usual, I left things till the last minute and so was making this the morning of the shower. I had pinned this card and was going to try and replicate it but I didn't have any frames. I know I could've cut one out myself but I literally had 10 minutes to finish things up. So when I found the little somethin' somethin' stamp in my stash ( I think it's an old hostess set from SU!) I knew I had to use it and I went from there. Some stamped hearts (SSS Music 2 My Ears) and punched hearts (SU! patterned paper and punch) on a simple kraft base. I adhered the tag with some foam dots and tied on a teeny bit of floss and - DONE!! Even though it's different than what I had started out to make, I'm thankful for the inspiration that gave me a starting point to work with. And now I've got another great layout for the next time I need a card in less than 10 minutes because, let's be honest people, don't we all work better under a little bit of pressure? ;)
Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Woah, you have been on a card-making and posting roll lately! Another great card. Can't believe you whipped that up in just 10 minutes! Looks great. Love all the little pops of colour in the hearts and that you didn't try to do too much, but kept it clean and simple. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think clean and simple is going to be my new M.O. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute card - love it!!! can't believe you whipped it up in 10 minutes - I spend hours on mine and they never look that cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I work better under pressure! My favorite cards are always the ones that I have to make in like 15 minutes...I think I should always just quit while I'm ahead. LOL! Marnie and I just started doing the Hazzard County Card Challenge again. Maybe I'll make the next challenge a time challenge? You have 15 minutes...START STAMPING!!! :)

      Delete