Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Little Sister's Birthday

My sister-in-law turned 20 yesterday. When I started dating Pete, she was only 8.  C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
Anyways, I saw this card and knew right away that it would be perfect for my SIL. Unfortunately, I waited until the last minute to make it (story of my life?) and knew I wouldn't have time to stamp the background and so I used the yellow doily patterned paper (Basic Gray) instead. Once it all came together, I wasn't lovin' it so much. I think what I really liked about the original card was the pop from the modern geometric design. Or maybe it's the cool pinks on the mustard-y yellow? I don't know. I'm definitely going to try this one again with the hexagonal background and some different colours. I'll keep ya posted :)

4 comments:

  1. Are you C-R-A-Z-Y!!!? No offence to the person that made the card of inspiration, but I like your card 10x better! I love the button and the little pearl accents. I also like the patterned paper that you chose - it is more subdued and calming than the original... I think that works better with the pretty flowers (rather than that bold geometric design). Your card is amaze-balls. You are too critical of yourself. The next card you post, I only want you say good things. Find the positive in the card and share it with the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are the crazy one.!! The other card is so obviously way awesomer...silly Marnie. LOL! Still, you are so great! Thank you for your kind words. You're the best! And I will take on your challenge and make an "Awesome Only" post next time :) Now, to make an epically amazing card...... Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Angela - all the details, like the button and twine just give it the extra special touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I didn't love this one...I think it just wasn't my style but, apparently, it's good to stretch ourselves out of our comfort zones sometimes! :)

      Delete