Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Perfect Challenge!

I came across a new challenge blog this week and it was the
perfect inspiration I needed for a special card.

Our friend lives in a city apartment with his Airedale Terrier
and made the difficult decision to give him a new home
where he can run and play outside all day. I can't imagine
how hard that choice was...and how lonely his apartment
will be without his best furry friend. We're all going to miss
him so much! I wanted to send him a card to let him know
we're thinking of him during this tough time and that we
will always cherish the special visits we shared with him.
So, without further amounts of sob story, here's the card:

This week's challenge was 'Krafts-men':
a clean and simple card for a guy, using kraft cardstock.
I started with a kraft base which I embossed with
a Tim Holtz impression plate. I rubbed distress ink
all over the impression plate before I ran it through
my Cuttlebug and it gave it a great weathered look.
Another layer of kraft with a torn piece of Riding
Hood Red cardstock to border it and then wrapped
it in twine and frayed the edges. I finished the panel
with four brushed copper eyelets.


To finish it, I stamped a retired SU! sentiment on Very Vanilla
cardstock with Riding Hood Red ink and heat embossed it
with clear embossing powder. I love the way it makes the
words really stand out. Lastly, I heavily distressed all the
edges and adhered it with some pop-dots.

I'm so happy with the way it turned out! I wasn't sure
what kind of card to create for the situation, but hopefully
this will send a special warm-fuzzy to our friend...
in a very manly way, of course!

Thanks, CAS-ual Fridays for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Red + kraft is amazinggggg together!! This is really a spectacular masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card and I'm sure you friend appreciated it. I love how you embossed the lettering, it really makes it pop! How sad to have to make that decision, I can't even imagine! Hugs to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The distressing on this card is fabulous, and really makes it so masculine! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and what a nice gesture. Love the torn edges on the red cardstock.

    ReplyDelete