Wednesday, June 29, 2011

For the boys

Between Grandpa and Dad's birthdays and Father's
Day, I had a whole bunch of man cards to make.
I wasn't feeling particularly inspired at the time
so I used layouts from some other manly "man
cards" to get my mojo flowing.

The first card was for Grandpa's birthday. I used
the gift bag on page 62 of the May/June PaperCrafts
to start me off and this is what I camp up with:
I used some old SU! papers from my stash
and a sentiment from Verve. My trusty
Spellbinders dies for the label shape and this
card came together licky-tee-split!
Love it!! And I think this is such a versatile
sketch to work with. I can totally see making
this in fun, bright colours for a child's birthday.

Next up were some Father's Day cards and
Dad's birthday card. Both of these cards were
inspired by ones in the SU! Summer Mini
catalogue, just switched up the stamps and
papers and a few little details.



I especially love how this card turned out!!

It was fun tying in lots of details and textures without
getting overly frilly or bling-y.

After making these cards, I feel a lot more excited about
creating cards for guys. I was glad for the inspiration
I could use to, not only make the whole process a lot
quicker, but to learn some great techniques for 'dressing
up' cards for the men in my life :)
And a special thanks to this gal for lending me SU!'s
Countryside stamp set. I would've never got this set on
my own, but I've used it SO much in the past few weeks,
I just might have to add it to my "Buy Immediately" list :)
It's a crazy versatile set and I'm finding I'm using it for
everything. Thanks, Marn!

3 comments:

  1. great cards Angela! I have such a hard time with guys cards too but you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Great! GREAT cards. Definitely gonna have to case some of these. Love the layering of stamped images and card stock. Awesome. (I might need that stamp set back so I can get stampin') :) Layouts, colour combos.... everything is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to look again at these great cards. Truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete