Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June's HCCC

Just a quick post to share this month's challenge
card. It turned out a lot different than I had envisioned
in my head...but I think that's okay
because I really like it!

My 'borrowed' item was the plastic from this tomato
container. I used it to cut out some butterflies with my
Cuttlebug - I love how they turned out and will
definitely be doing this again. I saw a package of
die cut 'ghost shapes' (clear plastic hearts) at the
scrapbook store for $5.99. My tomatoes cost
$2.99, with the added bonus of getting tomatoes :)
Making your own embellishments is a huge
money saver! Plus, reusing the container is
environmentally friendly and feels like I'm
giving myself a good, Dutch, pat on my back. Ha!

Originally, I thought I would use the layout
from the inspiration card. I really liked it
and it was so different from what I normally
do...but it just couldn't get it, so instead
I used the colours from the card: Baha Blue,
Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette and used a
layout from a card I saw online a long time ago.
I copied the sketch, but forget where it's from.
I can't take credit for it, and my apologies to the
original creator!

I used Versamark to stamp the polkadot background (Unity)
and Basic Grey patterned papers for the little butterflies.
The sentiment (Inkadinkado) was heat embossed in white.

Overall, a sweet, happy little card...
that puts a smile on my face!
:)

Loving these Hazzard County Card challenges!
Can't wait to see what you've got in store for
us in July, Marnie!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh... ghost shapes! Never heard of them before this post, but I'm a fan :) I like that you went the extra mile with the challenge and also 'borrowed' the layout and colour combo. Great card, Angela. Who knew tomato containers could be so versatile? You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card - and great idea.... I think I'm running out of time to get something done for this challenge. Great work!

    ReplyDelete