Saturday, July 23, 2011

Christmas in July?

This month's HCCC was a doozy! I was totally stumped on this
challengebecause it was so out-of-the-box. I mean, really,
a colour combination of orange, yellow and green for a
Christmas card? I sat down a couple times pulling cardstock
and looking at stamp sets hoping something would come
to me, but each time I was completely stumped.
That is until I made this card.
As I typed the words "I have a feeling more of these
patchwork-y cards
will be in my future...
so much fun mixing patterns and colours!
" I finally had
my 'Aha!' moment and here's what I created:
I pulled some patterned papers - a Cosmo Cricket Holly Jolly,
Basic Grey Nook and Pantry and Basic Grey Sugar Rush
(I thought the flowers looked kind of poinsettia-ish)
- and just followed the same layout as the previous
card I had made. And, while I'm happy with how it ended up...
...I'm pretty sure these won't be our Christmas cards this year :)

So good to be pushed out of my comfort zone though.
Thanks for getting us to think out-of-the-box, Marnie, and
creating what may have been the most challenging challenge yet!

I'm going to have to think up something epic for August...

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean this won't be your Christmas card for this year? This will be at least one of your Christmas cards for this year, won't it? Why do you want to make me cry? The card is awesome and totally festive. Thanks for playing along with the challenge. Don't be too mean next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card. It makes me think of Christmas trees and stockings hung by the chimney with care. The colour combo is awesome - very warm and inviting. Great job once again, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Angela!! love the patchwork and the colours ~ you rocked this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete