Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Wedding Card

I'd recently seen a challenge about creating a card that coordinates the the theme colours of a wedding. So when we received an invite for a wedding this past weekend, I thought it would be fun to make their card with their wedding colours. The only problem was their colours were black and yellow. How does one create an elegant wedding card using black and bright yellow? Without the card looking like a bumblebee? I was quite stumped, until I saw this card.
I figured if I could find some cute patterned paper, I could put together a little patchwork that would be fun, but still classy enough for the wedding. Next problem was, I only had one sheet of patterned paper that was yellow, none that were black...and that's when the inspiration hit me and all of a sudden I knew this was gonna be a great card. Using some background stamps I created my own patterned paper and came up with this lovely:

A little close-up of the flower:
I'm SO happy with how it turned out! Bright and fun, like the bride
and groom, but not too cutesy that it's not appropriate for a wedding.

I have a feeling more of these patchwork-y cards will be in my future...
so much fun mixing patterns and colours!

Thanks for visiting :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You (Verve), Musical notes (Unity), Text (Hero Arts)
Paper: Doily Print (Basic Grey), Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight (SU!), Old Paper Distress Ink (Ranger)
Other: Clear embossing powder (HA), flower die (SU!), twine (PTI), button (BG)

1 comment:

  1. Love that you made your own patterned paper, and that you coordinated the colours to the theme of the wedding - I think it adds that extra personal touch. This is a great card and looks so simple and easy to make. Great job.

    ReplyDelete