Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall beauties :)


I've long admired Maille Belles clean and simple
style and these cards were an attempt to CASE one
of hers...although,somehow they didn't come out as
'clean and simple' as hers?
Oh well! I'm still pretty happy with them :)

I used Perfect Plum, More Mustard and Night of Navy
to stamp the flowers from 'Year of Flowers: Violets' (PTI).
I love how it still has a warm, fall feel without using the
traditional red, orange, yellow and brown.

I stamped Hero Arts 'Old Letter Writing' on the
purple strip in Versamark to give a bit of subtle
detail and then stitched around the main panel.
I stamped the greeting from Verve's 'Circular
Sayings' and then wrapped the front with
some twine which I had threaded some buttons
onto. I'll definitely do this again. Cute, right?

The second card is for Peter's grandma's 80th
birthday, so it needed to be a little extra special!
I ran the card front through the Cuttlebug with one
of my SU! embossing plates and then ran two strips
of Scor-Tape along the front panel. I attached the
lace to the tape by bunching it up and just sticking
it down. Easy-peasy! Another little cluster of buttons
to finish it off because a card just isn't done until
it's got a few buttons. Ha! I guess that's where
'clean and simple' just went out the window. I
seem to have a tendency to just keep adding
'one more thing'. Oh well! I'm sure grandma
will like it. And 80 years deserves some
lace and buttons, doesn't it?
{grin}
Thanks for visiting!
Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful
fall weather.
xo

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Angela! Wonderful colors! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are fantastic. Great job. Love the colour combo and the layout. Think those buttons are the perfect touch, and the lace is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Angela! The lace really adds to the card and I'm sure grandma will love it! I'm a fan of Maille Belles clean and unique designs too!

    ReplyDelete