Wednesday, October 13, 2010

For my Mama

I wanted to make my Mom a special card, just because.
I didn't have a lot of time (story of my life), so I went
with a 3x3 base to start, which just may have added
to the sweetness I think ;)

I started by cutting out a heart for a mask and a template.
I taped it to the base (will not do this in the future - notice
the tear on the paper near the bottom of the heart? Ya,
good thing it's for my mom and she'll still like it...)
and then stamped the rows of hearts in Always
Artichoke, Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango.
Then, using my new paper piercer (free with my
last SU! order - sweet!!) I pierced holes around the heart
for my very professional stitching guide {grin}.
I backstitched through the holes with some crochet
thread and 'Ta-Da!!' Instant sweetness.

I was able to quickly finish things off with a heart I
punched from some old SU! designer paper, the perfect
sentiment from Verve's Circular Sayings set and last,
but not least, rounded the bottom corners.

A perfectly sweet card for a perfectly sweet mom!

1 comment: