Thursday, October 21, 2010

Soft sympathy...

I needed a sympathy card for our friends, whose
dad passed away. I just wanted something simple
and 'soft' that would let them know we were thinking
of them. I wanted to use the flowers from the 'Upsy Daisy'
set and had seen a really neat tutorial doing shadow
stamping so I thought I would give it a try.

Lots of layers with distressed edges and a few little
butterflies to finish it off. I was very tempted to 'bling'
it up with sparkles and some little diamonds and pearls,
but it didn't seem to suit the occasion. (I'm interested
in your thoughts - is it appropriate to send a heavily
embellished sympathy card, or is that in bad taste?)
Anyways, I thought the end result was very serene
and I hope our friends will feel the comfort and peace
of our Heavenly Father's love during this tough,
tough time. If you have a moment, I know your
prayers would mean a lot to our friends, who are
missing their husband, Dad and Opa right now.
Thanks so much.

1 comment:

  1. The effect of that shadow stamping is incredible. This is an amazing card. You are uber talented! Amazing. Love the colour combo, and the layout. Another great creation.

    ReplyDelete