Friday, May 27, 2011

May's HCCC...kind of

Well, this month's HCCC was a great one...unfortunately,
I didn't get my butt in gear soon enough to fully complete it.
This card was supposed to be a Mother's Day card but, alas, it
was not given to anyone on Mother's Day :( It will, however, be
going to my aunt, who is a sister to my mother, so maybe I
can get half points for that? LOL!

Introducing May's Hazzard County Challenge Card:
Our inspiration picture was a beautiful bunch
of gladiolus' and, thanks to my fellow Duke Diva,
while I didn't have a stamp of one of these beautiful
flowers, I did have a picture which I printed onto 3
different colours of patterned paper and pieced for
the final image.

I used some dimensionals to give a bit of depth
to the flower and I love how it turned out.
The layout was taken from this card and while
I really wanted to add a little bit of ribbon and some
sparkle, my aunt is not into that frilly, frou-frouey
kind of stuff, so I left if kind of plain. Even though
I would have loved to 'bling it up a notch' (ha!) I
do think those beautiful glads create quite a
statement on their own.

I've used my computer for card-making before and,
while I prefer good old-fashioned ink, rubber and paper,
I can see how if you don't have a specific image or
sentiment it can be a quick (and inexpensive!) way to
expand your supply stash. So thanks again for this great
challenge, Marnie. I love how they always push me outside
of the box. Stay tuned to find out what we have in store for June!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Whisper White (SU!)
PP: Basic Grey - Lemonade
Flower Image: found online
Stamps: Old Letter Writing (HA), Thankful Hearts (Verve)
Ink: Rose Red (SU!), Old Paper (Tim Holtz Distress), Versamark
Other: clear embossing powder (HA)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Angela. I love your colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card totally takes the cake and I'm completely in awe of your card-making prowess. Your paper-piecing is waaaay awesomer than mine. I love that you used two different tones of pink, and that you made the one layer 'pop' off of the page - wonderful! The layout is fantastic as well. And I love how you made all of the element merge together so cohesively. I'm sure your aunt would be very happy to receive this in the mail.

    ReplyDelete