Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CASE-ing gone bad! ...and a redemption :)

After seeing this super cheery card I knew
I wanted to give the layout a try and create
an equally happy card to send to a friend.
Unfortunately, sometimes even the best
made plans don't work out and this card
is a great example of that:

I don't know if it's lacking the cheerful
cuteness of Kristina Werner's card or if the
colours I chose just didn't quite work out, but
this card definitely falls into the 'scrap' category
of Angela's Scrapyard :(

Wanting to redeem the 'blech-ness' of what
I had just created, and needing a sympathy
card for friends of ours, I set about using what
was sitting out on my desk from the previous
mess to create another card.
Thankfully, I had better results with this one:

After putting together the background pieces, then
adding some scoring and gold brads, I knew it still
needed a little something...Thankfully I remembered
this gem of a sympathy card (that was created back
in January...talk about being inspired!) and heat
embossed the sentiment in gold. The perfect
finishing touch! Still not an epic card by any
means, but a vast improvement over the
previous attempt. It just goes to show, if at
first you don't succeed...have some chips, and
then try again :)

2 comments:

  1. Your card looks great Angela. I love how you cut your flower image to layer over the patterned paper.
    P.S. Welcome back to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great. You're too hard on yourself. Can't wait to see your HCCC card :)

    ReplyDelete