Monday, March 28, 2011

March HCCC: Part One

just too good! Such a beautiful inspiration picture.
Thanks, Marnie!
I had so many ideas floating around in my
head for this one, but unfortunately my scrapyard is
slowly being packed up in boxes as we prepare for
moving in a couple weeks :( I got a good start on the
challenge, but I don't have a finished project to
share with you...yet!
So, here's a little peek at what I have so far:

After seeing the stained-glass window,
I knew right away that I wanted to try the
'cracked glass' technique for my project.
I have seen it many times and always thought
it was something I'd like to try. Well, let me tell
you something, unless I get myself some of the
Ultra-Thick embossing powder, I won't be doing
this again in a hurry!! Oh my word! It took forever,
I burnt my fingers off with my heat gun and got
hot, melty, sticky embossing powder seared into my
flesh numerous times. Also, apparently I didn't
put enough coats on (Really?Because I did, like,
six!) as there are no cracks on the left side of
the piece. I'm not a huge fan of how the distress ink
soaked into the cracks and the anal-retentive part
of me doesn't like that I can't control where and how
the cracks end up forming.
ANYWAYS...
I'm still kinda in love with it ;)
Now the problem is, I can't decide what to
do with it!? This baby took so much time
and effort that if I were to put it on a card it
would have to be for someone incredibly special
and amazing before you could pry it out of my
blistered, glazed fingers! LOL! Maybe I'll use
it to make a journal for myself...I am pretty special
and amazing, y'know? Bwaahahahahaha!!!

Anyways, stay tuned for part two of March's
HCCC...it will probably be a few weeks before
we get moved and settled in. But don't worry,
I've got a couple things in the archives that I will
post, for your viewing pleasure, in the meantime.

Can't wait to see how this month's challenge
picture inspires all of you!
Happy stamping :)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the way you have intepreted the challenge. Kinda sounds a little painful though. Ouch. Sorry to hear about your crafting misfortunes.

    Can't wait to see your finished product. Currently working on my challenge as we speak.

    Happy packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is completely stunning - the cracks are perfect, the burning of the fingers was worth it. You are inspiring Angela. I love this.

    ReplyDelete