Sunday, November 28, 2010

I did it!

Updated:
I added some details and a supply
list for all you curious cats out there
....namely Marnie :)



November Hazzard County Card Challenge...CHECK!!
Unbelievable, people. I truly can't believe it.
The fact that I actually got it completed before the
end of the month is unreal. The fact that I actually
completed this challenge is even more amazing.
Did you check it out?
Marnie brought out the big guns for this one.
Seriously? Stinkin' hard!
I would have never, in a million years!, picked out this
colour combo: black, blue, grey/silver and white.
I can't remember the last time I used black on
a card...so I was totally stumped when it came to
this one. For the life of me I couldn't come up with
anything. And then, it hit me!! I was practicing
some Christmas songs with my little girl for
the Sunday School Christmas program when
I realized that sheet music is white and BLACK!
And it's beautiful.
Suddenly, I couldn't wait to make this card.
So, after that incredibly long introduction...
November's Challenge Card!

Totally. in. love.
Marn, I can't thank you enough for pushing
me outside of my comfort zone. So glad
for these challenges because they
a) get me into the scrapyard
b)force me to try things I wouldn't on my own

To make the sheet music I used this stamp
that I just got at Unity (thanks to a 40% off sale
and free shipping - love a good deal!) which
I think is going to be my new favorite.
I stamped it in black on Whisper White
card stock and then distressed the edges
with my distressing tool and Old Paper
distress ink. I love the aged look it gave it.
The black fibre was from my 'stash'.

The center panel is Whisper White, layered on
Basic Gray, stamped in Baja Breeze
which I embossed with clear e.p. just to make
it 'pop' a bit. It wasn't quite snazzy enough for
me so I stamped the snowflake a second time,
cut out the center, covered it with Crystal Effects
and then went to town with the Dazzling Diamonds.
Topped it off with a Baja Breeze button tied with
a bit of twine and 'Wah-lah!' Lovin' it!

Thanks for an awesome challenge, Marnie!
One Christmas card down, 74 to go...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great colors! Love the musical paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! This card is a-freakin-mazing! Makes me want to throw out the card I started last night and hang my head in shame. You win, hands down!

    Incorporating the black from the music paper is a genious idea. And I love the soft blue that you used. Pretty. Pretty. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about your card again, so I had to come back for another look. Sigh.

    Is that music paper from an actual music book, or is it patterned paper? And which company is that stamp from?

    Great, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, that's BEAUTIFUL! :D I don't know what you were scared of!!! It looks GREAT! I'm going to have to give this a try tomorrow (just in time for the December challenge! :D) Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete