Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October's Challenge card

Well, I'm a bit late posting this, but I did get it done on time!!
It was my Mother-in-law's birthday on Monday, and I knew the
colours in October's inspiration picture were something she would
like. I used a sketch from an old Papercraft's magazine and put
together a little something that seemed just right for her.


Although it's a bit busy, I do like all the layers and
dimension on this card.


I used Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White and
Garden Green (first time I've used this colour...have had it
for 2 years?...teehee!) cardstock and some Basic Grey patterned
paper. The stitching stamp along the bottom is from Unity (another
freebie!!) and the sentiment is from Verve. Loving the Circular
Sayings set...so versatile! The buttons and twine are PTI, punches
and ribbon are SU!, the rhinestones are from Kaiser Craft and
the doily is from a Dollar Store pack. Phew!

I'm still working on my September challenge...{sheepish grin}
but I haven't given up. Hopefully I can show it to you soon!
Until then, I'm eagerly anticipating November's challenge!
Thanks for visiting and make sure to check out Marnie's
October card
- it's FANTABULOUS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Talk about 'eff-ing' amazing! This card is 'eff-ing' amazing. :) It deserves to be on the cover of a magazine. It is not busy at all. Everything fits together wonderfully. When I look at this card, it feels like a hug. And that green just pops off of the card. Fan-freakin-tastic!!!

    ReplyDelete