Thursday, February 17, 2011

February's HCCC

That's right, people!
Only half-way through February and my
Hazzard County Card Challenge is complete!
(insert self-pat on the back here - hee!)
I had a friend that needed a bit of lovin'
and since she's a five hour car ride away,
we decided to pack up the love and send
it through the mail :)

Some sunshine-y happiness:
This card honestly would never had happened
without this month's challenge. I pulled out
the sparkles like they were going out of
style and dug through my cuttlebug
accessories hoping for some inspiration.
But, really, it all began with the cloud stamp...

The clouds were stamped with Versamark Dazzle
and embossed with a sparkly embossing powder.
You should see them shimmer in real life!
I also went around the embossed edge of the
yellow label die with a 2-way glue pen and then
shook on some Dazzling Diamonds. So pretty!
Lastly, I covered the small punched heart with
Glossy Accents. It looks like a shiny epoxy sticker
now. Love it!! After embossing the blue panel with
a hearts embossing folder, I wanted a little bit
more definition, so I took my white ink pad and
gently wiped it across the top - perfect!!
I just wanted to keep this sweet, cheery card
sitting on my mantle but, alas, it will be
sent in the mail, along with lots of love
and prayers.

Can I just say I love these challenges?
Always push me to take things one
step further - so good for the creative mojo :)
Happy stamping, friends!

3 comments:

  1. Loving this card Ange. All the hearts are so sweet but that little plaid one sure stands out with the glaze on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of the house! You're done the challenge already? Amazing. And the card is fantastic. Very Cheerful. Love the sparkly embossed clouds and the white embossed sentiment just 'pops' off the cardstock. You are a superstar. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s - I left you a little something on my blog Angela.

    ReplyDelete