Friday, February 26, 2010

A baby gift from the Scrapyard

So I've been on a bit of a crocheting kick lately,
and having oh so much fun! A friend of mine
just had the sweetest baby girl with a head
FULL of thick, black hair. So cute!!
So, I got out my hook and stitched
up this little flower. Added a bit of material
from my scrap box and a bright, pink button.
Sewed it all together and attached it to a little
hair clip. Instant sweetie baby barrette.

I made a box out of card stock and personalized
it for 'Baby R'. Add a little polka-dot ribbon and
you have the cutest little gift box.

All together, it probably took about half an hour to
make and probably cost under a dollar in supplies.
I wish I had taken a picture of it in her hair.
Really, it was too cute for words. A-dor-a-ble!!!
And my friend loved it.
I think the Scrapyard will be making many more of these :)

Supplies:

Cardstock: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White (SU!)
Stamp: Circus Alphabet (Get-a-Tins)
Ink: Rose Red (SU!), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Misc: yarn, material, button, embroidery floss, hair clip, ribbon all from my 'stash'



No comments:

Post a Comment